Pages

Thursday 9 January 2014

Getting Organised

 Today I wanted to share a few ways that I'm trying to be more organised going into 2014.
The end of last year was very busy for me with craft fairs, exhibitions, work, finding a new job and Christmas, so there was a lot going on at once and a lot to remember.

I've modified the space around my laptop to help me keep track of what I'm doing.

To the right of me as I write this is my locker.
On the front I've printed out a calender of the month. I started doing this when I got the job at the care home as I was working shifts which varied week to week. Now I work the same three days every week - as shown in pink - but it's still useful to be able to glance at the dates. I have a diary that I keep in my bag but when I'm at my computer I don't want to have to get up and go looking for it.
When it starts getting to the end of the month I print out next months calender and keep it underneath.
I cleared some space on the other side of my locker for to-do lists and other scraps of paper with important information on that I would otherwise lose. 
These are held on with more washi-tape style magnets, like the ones I made here.


















To my left is a storage box that is sort of my 'in-tray'.
Since I use high-lighter pens on my calender I needed a good way to store these cool syringe pens my sister gave me. I wove white elastic through the box, tying a knot in each ends and then each pen slots in.
I put a cardboard tube in one of the corners of the box so I have a specific place to keep pens and pencils. Again, I don't like having to get up to look for a pen.
And then I have my glasses and a pack of sticky notes which are always useful. 

Do you have any tips of how you stay organised?

2 comments:

  1. It's so cute ! I love the way all the tape on the locker is colour coordinated ! this post was really useful as I am currently looking for ways to improve my storage ! Thank you !

    2-3oftheway.blogspot.co.uk
    Eb x

    ReplyDelete
  2. It all looks very girly and fun, love it!

    vikkielora.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete