Pages

Wednesday 25 August 2010

Lighten up, it's just fashion

I recently had a little spree in Hobbycraft using the vouchers I got for my birthday and I picked up this piece of awesome.

A Project Runway fashion postcard set! It even comes with colouring pencils.

It's like a colouring book for the older gal. Each postcard has a blank outfit to colour in with a New York related background. 

Here's my first one. Snazzy.

This reminded me of a fashion set I used when I was younger, and blogging about it gave me an excuse to get it out again and have a play.

You mix and match the fashion plates...

...then go over them with the black crayon...

...and then colour in your creation. Fashion fun or what!

Here are some beauts I came up with back in the day. Anyone else think the one on the right looks like Rihanna?

Then I looked in the instruction manual and discovered these fashion suggestions. Whoah.
I couldn't find a date on the product but something tells me it might have been made a while ago.

Now, I don't know about you, but when I think cool kids, I don't immediately think turn-ups and a short short hairstyle. But that might just be me.

3 comments:

  1. This is great! I had a simmilar fashion plates thing when I was a kid - it was one of my favourite toys ever!!

    Maybe I should drag it out when I visit my parents?

    www.adventuresofagirlfromthenaki.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG PROJECT RUNWAY POSTCARDS!!! woah!
    too awesome.

    I too had a fashion plates thing! i think it was my sisters too so must've been late 80s early 90s... a... strange time for "fashion" lets say :P

    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. arrrrr! i used to have fashion plates, i loved it! also your room is looking great!

    ReplyDelete