Pages

Friday 18 February 2011

Wondered where those miniature books would go?

Here's my almost-finished-but-could-always-do-a-bit-more-to-it newest miniature piece.

It's a shoebox. With a hole in it...


Here's a rather blurry view through the hole.



And here it is with the lid off. It's a pretty messy office of some old guy who does a lot of research and has a lot of books. I'm not sure on the specifics yet, but that's for you to decided for yourself.

I made a lot of books, like these.
My tutor said I only need to make a few books to give the impression of there being a lot of books, but I think having a lot of books will be a better way of giving the impression of lots of books.
I think I've made 23 so far. I'll probably make more.

View of the desk.
Let's talk about that lamp for a second. I took apart a 99p credit card torch from QD and using my middle school circuit skills and some aluminium foil I made a switch on the outside of the box through a hole hidden by that desk drawer which is where the batteries are kept. Sneaky.
And did I mention I made a lot of books?

The globe is probably one of my favourite things from this piece. I painted a pretty convincing globe! Mission! Go me.
I'd also like to point out the wet cup ring on the table and all the post-it notes. Fun fact; when I was doing the writing for the notes and the open book I just wrote words I picked out from whatever song I was listening to at the time.
I like how one of the post-it notes on the side of the filing cabinet looks like it says 'New Glee' underline, underline, like the old man is reminding himself to watch it. Who can blame him.

4 comments:

  1. That is AMAZING. It's a pity it's all hidden in a shoebox--your work makes me want to pore over it with a magnifying glass!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh dang how awesome is this?! Too awesome! I love it. =]

    xo.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are amazing!! This is so incredibly awesome - I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! This is an amazing piece of art! I love it! Thanks for sharing the miniature book tutorial too! :D

    ReplyDelete