Pages

Tuesday 19 February 2013

Edible Art

The Taj Mahal made of bread and cake I showed you on Sunday was not my first foray into edible art.

A few weeks ago at the arts centre I experimented with different activities for an edible art workshop and this is what I came up with.

A seed picture on a slice of bread.
Butter the bread to make the seeds stick.

Banana art. Or 'bananart'.
Draw into the banana skin with a needle or even a cocktail stick and after a short while the line will get darker.
People have done some crazy awesome stuff using this technique. Take a look.

For edible jewellery, as well as Cheerios and dried fruit threaded into a necklace, I also came up with this baguette bangle. It feels funny putting it on! The 'studs' are bits of bread rolled into balls and stuck on with butter.

Go forth and play with your food!

No comments:

Post a Comment