Pages

Sunday 7 July 2013

This Week I...

...I'm actually just going to talk about Saturday because on Saturday I went to the Elephant & Castle Mini Maker Faire at the London College of Communication.

They had loads of cool tech things, including many 3D printers. They're so awesome and now we all want one.

That's my sister learning how to make a felt robot badge complete with LED eyes. It's all about the conductive thread.

I tried out screen printing with heat-sensitive paint.
So cool!!

There was this space set up that when the fans were switched on the two walls inflated and you could walk between them. That was fun.

These guitars were connected to wires with handles that when you held them it completed the circuit and made some fabric spin which strummed the guitars. 

I picked up lots of information, this sticker, and a tiny pink spanner which had been made on a 3D printer.

Have any of you been to a Maker Faire event?

1 comment:

  1. Hey Lisa,
    thank for posting picture of my printers, i`m so glad you liked them. the orange one is my favorite!
    if your ever in my area feel free to drop by and i can print you a minion:) http://www.meetup.com/3D-printing-kent/
    my site; http://www.active3d.co.uk/
    love your work
    Justin

    ReplyDelete