Pages

Sunday 31 January 2010

Beach

This is my go-to beach image which I like to paint. A lot. It's Manley Beach in Sydney, Australia from when I was there in the summer of 2008.

I paint it on finger nails...

...on sunglasses (this piece is from my Make 20 Paintings project)...

...on milk bottle tops...

...and on toy cars. I think I've gone too far with the car. It looks okay in the photo, but it's usually viewed from above so it looks a bit strange having a ring of sea around the sky, and I didn't know which direction to paint the clouds. I think an image which is a birds eye view might look better.

Except for the fingernails, I painted all the scenes with acrylic paint so that it would stick to the surface and dry. Which is a bit annoying because I prefer to work in oils but they would never work with the plastic surfaces.

Hmm, what should I try painting on next...

No comments:

Post a Comment