Pages

Thursday 10 March 2011

Painting and the process

Here's my newest painting, again just for practice.
It's based on a photo of me and my Mum taken during the summer.


I thought y'all might like a little insight into my painting process, so I put together this animation while I was painting.
I used oil paints as usual and did it all in one go, over a few hours, except for the figures who were painted a few days later when the paint was dry enough to paint on top of without blending.

Photobucket

4 comments:

  1. That's a marvelous picture, but wouldn't it have been better to post the original for comparison? ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the animation! I really like seeing works in progress. This is reminding me that I need to be painting too. (Have been getting too distracted with other projects.) Anyway, lovely blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. the animation is awesome! what a wonderful way to show the progress of your painting.

    ReplyDelete