Pages

Thursday 25 April 2013

Matchstick Pendants

When I was at uni I bought a bag of these wooden matchsticks one weekend thinking they would be useful for my model making, only to find that my friend Natalie had bought me the same thing.
I thought it was about time I did something with my abundance of matchsticks.
Ok, this project only used 18 of them, but it's a start.

I started experimenting with shapes that I could make using the sticks, and UHU'd them together.
I also added some E6000 to make sure they didn't fall apart.

I painted them black, added a jump ring, and hey presto; geometric pendant.

I think they look pretty cool.
I picked black because my outfits tend to be black + another colour, so I figured they pendants would go with most things I wear.
I don't know how long they'll last, because they are just glued together, but they're doing all right for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment