Pages

Thursday 6 June 2013

Bran Cake

I'm a bran fan but it gets all up in my braces too much for me to eat it for breakfast.
#realtalk
So I had to come up with another way to use up the box of bran flakes that had been abandoned in the cereal cupboard.

My first thought is always cake so I googled bran flake cake recipes and came across this one on the NHS Change4Life website.
The first thing you have to do is put bran flakes and dried fruit in a bowl and add milk, so this recipe is basically breakfast in a cake.

The recipe calls for mashed bananas, apricots and sultanas. I decided to use sultanas, raisins and glace cherries instead because I don't like apricots and I find things don't last as long if they have banana in them.

This cake tastes healthy, which isn't a bad thing.
The addition of dried fruits makes all the difference, so it'd be interesting to try the recipe again with different combinations.

I've also found recipes for a chocolate bran cake and carrot cake bran muffins so I might try those to use up the rest of the box.

No comments:

Post a Comment