My tutor really liked this piece where I painted figures onto an empty landscape photo, but she said she almost wished the photo wasn't there.
So I got a sheet of acetate and started painting more figures onto it. I chose acetate because it has the shiny surface that I liked from the photographs and because it is transparent it gives me the option to add a background to the figures if I want to.
I wanted to make use of this transparency by photographing the paintings in front of different things, to put them into context.
So I made it look like these painted figures were characters for my doll's house, which worked really well.