Pages

Thursday 29 March 2012

House progress: Appliances

I've started adding more details to the rooms in the house, but have realised that the objects don't have to be perfect as when the house has the roof on not a lot of light can get in the rooms.

This is the television for the living room.

I decided to put something on the screen just for fun. I only had an Argos catalogue so my choice was very limited.
So they're watching the X factor. I don't know what that says about the inhabitants of this house...

The living room also has a side table and a sofa. I was able to make the sofa out of cardboard which I painted a shiny brown. In the dim light this looks like brown leather.

The kitchen now has a toaster and a kettle, which meant I had to then make plug sockets.

The sink has been filled with washing up (no taps though...I need to get on that). My tutor didn't like the way the sink was obviously made of aluminium foil and as I couldn't think of a better way to make it I added plates and cups to cover it up.
It will also add to the narrative of the piece. Why has the washing up been left only half done?

1 comment: