The house has a roof!
Took long enough!
The roof panels start out like this.
Lots of 1x1cm square piece of card.
I got very excited the other day when my friend lent me a War-gaming making book and they'd used the same method for roof tiles. It means I'm doing it right.
Each roof tile is then glued to a piece of mount board which I measured out horizontal lines on.
That's the part that took a long time.
For example, when working on one panel I got through the last Harry Potter film, A Town Called Panic, an episode of The Voice and an episode of Casualty.
But, in my defence, A Town Called Panic has subtitles so I had to keep stopping to read.
Once all the titles were stuck I went over them with chalk and charcoal to make them look weathered and added some 'moss'.
I made guttering and drainpipes out of drinking straws.
Cutting straws so that they're straight is hard, so just don't look too closely.
They really help the piece look like a proper house.
I also made lead flashing out of paper that I painted a silvery grey.
I didn't know that it was called lead flashing before this, so it's nice to see that I'm learning something.